Employers and job seekers looking for flexible solutions find temporary work to be an excellent option. While there’s no guarantee that a temporary job will turn into a permanent position, the potential is certainly there as more employers realize that hiring a temp allows them to try out a new employee before making a commitment.
What’s the best way to succeed as a temp? Follow these 10 tips:
- Fit in quickly, be easy to get along with and put others at ease.
- Show initiative and enthusiasm for learning new procedures and skills.
- Bring the three R’s to every assignment: respect, reliability and resourcefulness.
- Note and become mindful of your supervisor’s preferences, habits and routines.
- When others say, “that’s not my job” or “I don’t do that,” step up and say, Yes!
- Love meeting new people and show it – in person and over the phone.
- Always introduce yourself by name and not as “the temp.”
- Stay inspired by keeping a personal list of accomplishments.
- Excel at embracing change and appreciating variety.
- Treat every assignment like gold.
Hired by Pamela Getz